Thursday 21 May 2009

-

This is a gonna be a totally fanboy-ish and intelligence-devoid post, but I've spent the better part of the day without achieving much as I'm too caught up with the American Idol finale results show this morning.

*spoiler alert* In case you were living in a rock or planning to avoid all newspapers/radio and catch the show this weekend.

I was ecstatic that my favourite pick, Kris Allen won. Oh sure, he can likely never outsing Adam Lambert on flu day, but I liked his laid back manner and ability to connect emotionally to a song and convey it. Adam's octave range could probably give Mariah Carey a run for her money, but it always seems as if he's just showing off and putting on a show rather than just conveying a song.. Each performance, he'll have some tripped up lights, smoky effects, costume etc. While visually creative, it detracts me from enjoying the authenticity of a song. And oh, I don't like the tone of his voice too - too wavery, and for some reason he sounds really feminine to me.

So anyway, in the grand design of the cosmos, this is probably totally insignificant - the world economy is still tanking, I still have a proposal attachment to finish up, and a stupid brainwashing camp to attend. But this totally made my day.

ETA: Check out the new single from Kris Allen - the customary 'coronation song'. I usually think this songs are cheesy/sappy, but surprisingly this one is quite alright.
Disclaimer: Possible earworm. Shall not be held responsible for random hummings, or stuck melody in mind.


1 comment:

  1. :) artists, singers and writers.. i always believe the best of them connect, not flaunt. haha... reading your post makes me wanna catch the show. Maybe I will this weekend.

    ReplyDelete