Friday 27 March 2009

World - 2. Me - 0

Apparently the forces that be are carrying some sort of grudge against me.

Today I was planning my labwork so that it'll roughly end around noon, so I can wrap up my work, go lunch and call it an early day.

So around 12, I ran a gel electrophoresis. Short description - it's a screening process to see whether I'm successful in generating the products that I want. Takes bout 1 and 1/2 hours, a no-brainer procedure.

Except that for this time after running a countless times for more almost 2 years now, it went kaput on me. To cut the story short - I couldn't find out if I was successful in generating the products I want. Even a negative result would've been better, I would then figure out what I should do next.

Now I have to run the gel again coming Monday. And I wasted around 2 hours in lab, almost starving for lunch while I waited for the gel in vain.

Sigh. I should better start hunting for a rabbit's foot.


1 comment:

  1. yes the world hates you, apparently. lalala wild lalala

    ReplyDelete