Thursday 18 September 2014

Most awesome movie!

If you haven't caught the latest superhero offering from Marvel: Guardians of the Galaxy, you really should.




Not your current standard superhero movie fare which tends to be dark and serious (Dark Knight, Superman) or wisecracky (The Amazing Spiderman), this one veers more towares the tones of classic space/adventure movies like Star Wars and Indiana Jones. From the hero jumping from one adventure to next, to jaded characters that are not your typical superhero-material quality, this is a superbly fun movie that's bound to rekindle your inner child as you watched those classic movies

The appearance of a humble Walkman in the movie, featuring pop songs from the 70s/80s is a suprisingly genious move. I couldn't help but think back about the late portable music player (Aiwa, not Sony so can't be called a Walkman), that I've chucked in a drawer but otherwise is still in working condition. The same can't be said for most of my cassettes though: a lot of them now sound shrill, creaky or doesn't play properly.

While I might not have the original Walkman, which is a actually trademark by Sony as a portable casette player, the Walkman name still survives today. As a portable music player that plays digital music files e.g. MP3, AAC etc. When it comes to audio qualiyt, Sony still makes some of hte best products in the business. I've had a few of these later versions, and have been extremely satisfied with them. This is the latest one I got myself a couple of months ago (sort of as little birthday gift for myself):


I'm using it daily to stream music from Music Unlimited while I work, and it's been extremely satisfying so far. Superior audio quality, beating anything I've heard before. And subscribing to a music streaming service, has exposed me to various artiste and genres of music that I've never accessed before. Stuff from classical music, cool jazz, R&B, 90s music, modern classic fusion (e..g Lyndsey Stirling) and newly released music from tonnes of mainstream and non-mainstream artistes. Having a huge library music at my fingertips for a relatively cheap monthly fee is incredible and somethign I don't see myself giving up for a quite a long time. And I've even managed to comple the awesome playlist of 70s/80s songs that were featured in Guardians of the Galaxy:





No comments:

Post a Comment