Wednesday 15 August 2007

Convopalooza

Initally I wanted to post up some pictures from Australs (way back in early July), but procrastination got the better of me. Right now in UKM it's convocation week, beginning last Saturday. And with me being in UKM and really flexible working hours, I went for almost every session to meet up some of my friends. If you haven't guess it by now, this will be a picture post!

Here are those whose convo session I crashed; most of them are debaters.

Star of the picture - Chui Ling, now with a official degree in dentistry.


Another medical doctor and all around-star achiever/excellent debater - Ai Huey.

Ariff - recipient of UKM's first Anugerah Diraja. In short, he's RM2500 richer, adds another cup and cert to his collection and got his face in the papers.

Me and Jespreet - economist extraordinaire.

Geneticists - Ling Ying and Wei San.

Yuan - Physics dude. Well-built, not too shoddy
a Taekwondo exponent, and erm.. a good-looking chap?

Diyana - Nuclear technologist currently working in Shell.
Somehow that phrase sounds a lil' perturbing.

Daniel - The only Sarawakian Chinese dude I know
who majors in BM.

Some teething problems and minor annoyances aside, I think my own convo went fairly well. I was kinda worried at first as my mortarboard (cap) was awfully loose and seems to be in danger of slipping off every 10 seconds. But luckily I managed to get on and off stage without falling prey to any embarrassing sticky situations. Later outside however, with all of us practically sweating like pigs locked in a sauna and me getting tired of adjusting my mortarboard all the time - some of the pics my mortar is just looking kinda silly.

Zoologists unite! Yeah, I know there's only four of us.
L-R: My best mate Kok Wai, Ai Thin, Sun Wei, me.

My erm pusat-mates (same department, different courses).
L-R: Ke Jing (Microbe), Kok Wai, Lih Fong (Plant Biotech), me, Eng Shen (Microbe).

More pusat-mates. I think I'm the only one looking
at the right camera during the shot.

People who crashed my convo! Hehe..

My ex-roommate during my first year! Yay, and he brought a gift too.

Au Yong - collegemate and engineering dude. Really friendly and helpful guy.

Salwa and Fea. Yay, I finally got a flower too. ...yeah...

All in all it was pretty ok. Sure I was hoping more people would come and give me stuff (greedy ol' me), and well, there were some people I was hoping would turn up. Oh well, at least it I didn't need to take many shameless cam-whoring photos and stand idly by to pass the time.

So yeah, the 'big' day is finally over. Didn't feel as if I've gained a new level of maturity, but well at least technically I'm acknowledged that as a degree holder, I have a some semblance of maturity and competence level. And oh yeah, a big thanks to all who came and for the well-wishes; really appreciate them.

3 comments:

  1. Hey jun hoe...

    I was planning to go to your convo, jumping on the lrt straight away after work from Asia Jaya and shoot off to UKM Bangi. Alas, I couldn't make it. >.<

    Erm.. my personal views? Having a degree is so not a sign of maturity. Take me for an example. However, given your reputation as the calm and collected one in the debate team, I'd say that maturity is well developed.

    Anyhow, it was a long time... I was hoping I could go to UKM in an official capacity, at least, because I couldn't take leave... probation is scary! So, I wish you luck, and may we meet again! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. Ariff won the Anugerah Diraja wor... Salwa din grad ah?
    din c her in robes wan? Kno both of them thru Aiesec.....

    we duno each other.
    just somehow drop into ur blog onli...
    but we r from UKM.
    So u r zoology student ah? Im biochem...
    u shud b Audrey's junior lor..
    working under which prof now?
    Adura ah?
    cya

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't have a chance to say this earlier, so well

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    Just look forward to the future k!

    Life will happen. Don't over-analyse it.

    ReplyDelete