Friday 23 May 2008

New flash

Been a bit busy lately - research has been going well, so I've got some results and stuff to work on for a bit. And my college is also undergoing renovation, so I've to move back to my own place for the holidays at least. Which is kinda tiring, as I now have to drive to and fro everyday. Plus the extra burned cash on petrol and toll, not to mention the extra greenhousey-fumes. Not to mention it's a little more crampy, as I can't simply wake up a bit later - or do a quick dash to dinner or Midvalley for something.

And well, I'm also on a bit of a happy mood currently - working and playing with my BRAND NEW Dell laptop! I've been keeping an eye on this for quite some time, waiting patiently for a few weeks for the price to drop. I timed it with its estimated delivery time for about 3-5 weeks, as I need a laptop before I jet off to Spain for an initial discussion with my future attachment co-supervisor. So I placed an order last Tuesday, and lo and behold, it suddenly just turned up on my doorstep last Saturday.

This baby packs quite a punch, in my opinion, for a reasonable price - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00 GHz, 3 GB RAM, and 160 GB hard disk space. And not t mention a dedicated graphics card - NVidia's GeForce 8400M with 128 MB. Woot! But of course, there's some things I need to get and do first before making this laptop fully-indispensable. Things like an external drive to transfer old files from my PC, partition the hard disk to run a Mac OS, and getting a pair of earphones.



Top view - mine's Midnight Blue skin.



Running on Windows Vista - takes a while to get used to. Some features are better than XP, some are a little worse.

1 comment:

  1. macam lah budak-budak dapat gula-gula *eyes rolling*

    but well, good for you =) you need it to fly with you ma.

    All the best for your master study.

    ReplyDelete