Monday 6 August 2012

Guten Tag!

Ok, so I still haven't posted bout my previous trip to Scotland, but that's gonna have to wait. 'Cos this post is THE update (in the loosest sense) of where I am.

Right now I'm in Dresden, Germany! To make it easier for you, I'm right here:


So what am I doing there? Well I'm currently a research assistant at the Max-Planck- Institut für Physik komplexer Systeme, aka Max-Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems. No, my disdain and suckitude at physics since secondary school was not a cleverly-concealed latent ability. Which, by the way, most of the research here is comprised of biophysicists that do research like kinetics of cell movement, protein shapes etc aka the physics of living systems.

It's just that I'm tied to a research group leader, Dr. Michael Hiller, who has links to this institute and another Max-Planck Institute, i.e Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics. So for now I'm doing work here.

I just got here and work has already started piling up. Lots of new things to learn, considering that I'm shifting to a slightly different research area, which is more towards computational biology and comparative genomics (wait till I find a nice introductory video for it.). 

I'll update more stuff next time (*cough, ahem) such as how all this crazy stuff came together as well as my attachment/trip to UK, but for now here's a picture of the guesthouse (behind the institute) that I'm staying at for now.


p/s: The suitcase is mine and did not come with the room.

Tschüs!

pp/s: there are more photos in my Google+, though I'm not too sure if you can see them since I'm still kinda new to this.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, saw the pics in Google plus! And about the suitcase, haha, very funny la you! :p good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete