Saturday 11 August 2012

Gehen nach die Stadt

Today I made a trip to town to get some supplies. And also to have a nice meal since I'll need to cook the whole day tomorrow as all the shops are closed on Sunday here.

So I took a tram to Pirnaischer Platz, which is like a plaza/kind-of-city-centre. I dunno really, I just saw a lot of shops and places while passing through in a tram.



I've passed by here previously, but only briefly to go to the Foreign Visitors Office to register my arrival in Germany.  A lot of trams and busses pass by here, and lots of tourists too I suppose. There's quite a number of shops and eateries around.


 
After having been here a week and a half, it's nice to be greeted with the sight of familiar food.



The little blue packet on the left is Europe's answer to our 'pop-pop' towels. You know, the scented damp tissue wrapped in plastic typically found in Chinese restaurants. Except that it's packed like a sterilised alcohol swab, smaller in size, stronger scent and only a polite inaudible tearing sound upon opening. I've seen them before when I was in Aberdeen, which I will make a blog post erm.. later.. :P

So I decided to try  the McRibs, which turns out to be like a slice of pork fillet with a dollop of meat/barbeque. Tastes alright, though the sauce can be a slightly overwhelming.




There's also a small section of McD, known as McCafethat sells coffee, pastries, and bubble tea! Yes, I kid you not. I think this is the next big thing in Dresden, at least. Incidentally I had passed quite a large Bubble Tea Original (hehe..) shop a couple of minutes away from McD.



This is the supposed plaza which gave rise to the name, I suppose. There's also a tiny row of open market stalls at the far end of the pic, selling mostly sausages, ice cream, coffee and knick-knacks.



ZOMG! Civilisation at last! An actual shopping complex! This is the first shopping complex I've seen in Europe that's comparable to the ones we have in Malaysia. There's quite a number of eateries too, will try them out next time.



As usual, you can check out a few more pics on my google+.

Auf wiedersehen!

3 comments:

  1. Wah, so nice and interesting! Have fun exploring the place :) and yup, finally you found a mall! Did you manage to get all ingredients you need for your 'big project' in the kitchen? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, no big projects in the kitchen. I'll need to move shortly, so I'm just getting mostly quick-prepare meals.

    And yes, I could never get behind Prosperity Burger too. I've tried it once when a chicken version came out to see what's all the fuss about it. After I did, I didn't bother about them anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jun Hoe. Saw your comments on my blog. Yup I'm married. End of bachelorhood after 5 years of getting the 'bachelor' degree from UKM(haha). Wowo looks like you are having a good time in Germany. Do remember to catch some football matches there.

    ReplyDelete