Tuesday 20 November 2007

Short ramble at work

Yesterday was the longest I've stayed in my lab working late. Initially was going to be kinda a busy day till evening, expecting to finish around 5 pm. Unfortunately there was a workshop in the afternoon (which wasn't as boring and quite interesting actually) so around 6 pm went to tapau dinner and went up my lab. Did my work and had dinner and finally left around 9 pm. It was kinda surreal actually, it was pitch black outside the window of my lab. Kinda scary too. The road leading up my lab resembles more to jungle trail and it was really dark, even with the fog lights on.

So with yesterday's sudden burst of dedicatedness on my part, I thought I'd go up to lab a little later today. Unfortunately my lecturer called in the morning just bout 10 minutes before I arrived, thus giving off a bad impression of me as a slacker, never-early dude to office. Which is also quite unfair as my colleague who usually comes much later to me always happen to come early on the days my lecturer calls or just suddenly waltzes in.

Anyway, I'm kinda getting along with my applications and whatnots to for overseas postgrad, thanks to some wonderful tips and support from a few friends. And right now, on a sudden whim, I've decided to go catch a movie and maybe get myself a new pair of shoes to replace my slightly torn ones. So I'm hurrying up my work now and hopefully I can make it in time. 

And oh, just remembered this little bit. According to one of my friends, for all my almost constant expressionless state, the one expression I do best is one of indignance. In fact, she added, I practically ooze indignance almost all the time. I'd appreciate if anyone out there would let me know how true is this.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I don't really understand the meaning of "indignance" and the closest word I can get from my dictionary is "indignant" which means "shock or angry". According to this explaination, my answer to your question is "Not really." - the expression you do best (in a debate) is the "huh-what-the-crap-is-that" expression which really makes me loose a huge part of my confidence should I ever see that face during my speech. Bencinye..

    See? You're doing that now ;p

    oh, sorry about that day, I thought you were free as you can reply my msg, that's why I called. Sorry to hear the incident mentioned in your post, too. Still wish you the best and hope you'll have a fruitful day ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete